Friday, June 05, 2009

A List

1. School is done.
Yes, thats right, another year is over, and my twenty-first will begin in September 2009. Surviving this year was quite a test, but I did it. Hopefully years twenty-one and twenty-two will be better. 

2. Summer has begun.
I have two words for that:
Thank God.

3. I did my civic duty this week.
I was called for Tuesday morning and was put on a jury that afternoon for a lawsuit against the Administrative Courts of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. A woman slipped on a courthouse stairway in downtown Boston in January of 2005, and was suing for negligence to clean the steps properly, claiming they were covered with snow and salt. We found them not negligent (if anyone wants to know why give me a call - its too much to put here). It took Wednesday and Thursday to come to a decision, and I must say, I enjoyed it and it was very educational and actually interesting. I will also say that after watching lots of Boston Legal over the past couple years, Boston's actual courthouses are not nearly as beautiful and majestic like they are portrayed on television, Boston lawyers are not nearly as sexy as Brad or Denise, and the Boston judge was not nearly as funny as Clark Brown. In addition, no one was a hoot with a capital H, thats not what they were. However, I still did not mind it and was even a little bit proud to do my civic duty. And also am quite happy that I will not be called upon again to do it for the next three years.

4. Holly and Tony's wedding is in three weeks.
I'll be leaving with Heidi and Finnis on June 19th for Milwaukee. I cannot wait!

5. Hannah's had some bat trouble.
Go to her blog to read about it, posted on June 3rd.
 
6. My first DMA recital happened.
Only four more to go! It went well, despite the fact that I had an incredibly bad cold and Klaudia had the flu. Thanks to Heidi's advice on drugs to fight coughing fits during performances, I didn't cough even once. The rest of the week was really bad on the sleeping front - for whatever reason I couldn't get more than three hours for a few nights in a row - but fortunately that ended.

7. Summer plans are taking shape.
The CCE Tour 2009 is up and running - got music in the mail from Fimby today - and both she and Gave have been busy making plans and we have concerts planned in Arkansas and Oregon - including the stint where Fim and I sub with the Arkansas Symphony Orchestra. Heidi was a member before she came to Boston for college, and I have vivid memories of the ASO's concerts as a child, so this will be quite a nostalgic trip for me. I haven't been to Little Rock in 17 years.

I'm done with the list for now. I'll start trying to update better.

2 comments:

Hannah said...

A HOOT WITH A CAPITAL H THAT'S WHAT YOU ARE!!!! I'm laughing so hard right now...and thank you for that call out on my bat troubles. Drama drama drama. Love you!

P.S. I was looking at old posts and found this comment: An Ode to Peppermint. Can't wait to see you!

Heather said...

We'll have to ask Mom to do a repeat performance of "An Ode to Peppermint" in a couple weeks.