Sunday, September 12, 2010

update

I moved into a new place on August 30th. I lived on Ransom Road for four years, the same amount of time that I lived in the Eastman dorm. That scares me - the thought that for 8 years I lived in only two places and they are both now in the past.

I like my new place - there are things I miss about the old one - I loved that apartment - but it was time for a move.

My last year as a full time student started on Sept 2nd.

On Sept 2nd, I played my last orchestra seating audition at BU.

The summer of quartet insanity ended well and we are back to rehearsing for a concert of Mozart, Ravel, and Mendelssohn on September 28th (the repertoire wasn't really our choice - its necessary for other reasons I won't bore people with here). I miss quartet boot camp. A. Lot.

I'm glad that the heat of summer is pretty much gone. I hated returning to a muggy, sweltering hot Boston. With each passing year, I dislike hot summer weather less and less (I will most likely regret putting this on the internet for anyone to see around November 1st).

I want to play the Philip Glass Violin Concerto. I'm hoping to convince Peter that its a fantastic idea.

1 comment:

sara ballance said...

i love the glass.. i hope you get to play it!