Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Shostakovich is Over

Thank God.

We pulled off the concert last night. I'm not sure how. Peter sounded wonderful for the Dohnanyi, even though he was making up parts of it. He memorized the whole thing (4 mvts) in about 24 hours. He has a fever, chills, and is losing his voice. But he still did it, and is still teaching today until 8 pm. I just had a lesson with him. I really hope he doesn't give me what he has - I need the next week to practice, not be sick.

My parents were here for 24 hours. It was so good to see them, and they were happy to be here, although some things did not work out as they had so desperately hoped. But there was a meeting, so I am hopeful that there will be better times coming.

My solos in the Shostakovich went well. Peter was happy, but apparently thought I was rushing in the third mvt, while I had asked DH SEVERAL times during rehearsal if I was rushing, to which he kept saying no. (sigh) I would have preferred to be not rushing, but whatever.

Now for a much easier week ahead. The two weeks of nerves/craziness is over. Hurrah!

No comments: