Sunday, May 27, 2007

100th post on Blogger - A List

10 Reasons Why I Love Boston:

1. The MBTA, otherwise known as "the T" or "train". It is a pain sometimes, but as one who grew up in a town with NO trains and only one car in the family, then went to Rochester, I love being able to go different places without relying on gas (we are KILLING our planet) or anyone else, for that matter.

2. The Boston Common/Public Garden. In spring, they plant all kinds of flowers, which smell wonderful. There are swans, ducks, and geese everywhere to watch, not to mention recently all the baby swans, ducks and geese to adore.

3. Random people. Usually, this is a bad thing. I have been groaped, kicked (accidentally, but still), and hooted at (recently, "hey sexy, why are you rude? why don't you come talk to me?"). However, every once in a while someone nice comes along. Today, while at the Arlington stop, a lady came and asked me where I got my white skirt. It is a Gap skirt I bought two summers ago for TMC and wore also for the Schumann Quintet performance. This woman seemed perfectly sane, had a little girl in her hand and went on about how nice it looked and how she had been looking for one just like it. It was a pleasant conversation.

4. The weather. I am a northern girl. I like winter to be cold and snowy and summer to be warm and breezy. There are all four seasons in Boston, and I love that.

5. My sister, her husband and my niece. I've babysat Adelaide a lot this past week. She is a crazy little girl, but SMART SMART SMART. We had so much fun at the park the other day, where there is a sprinkler thing. My sister and her husband have been good to me, and my sister and I have become even closer since I moved here. Plus she gets me gigs.

6. The Museum of Fine Arts. I have been there twice this past semester, with plans on attending more this summer. Why? Because I like art, I love the MFA, and BU students are free. Yes, my dears, FREE.

7. Peter and the Muir. I have a wonderful teacher, and wonderful coaches.

8. There are so many cute little restuarants everywhere that are good.

9. It is a city mostly populated by students, so when school is out - its much less hectic. I don't mind the hecticness for the most part, but I HAVE been enjoying the less insanity on the B-line especially lately.

10. It is where I have wanted to live since I was 9, and I am here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boston is always nice. I especially liked the park that's OVERTOP the orange line as it traverses the distance from roughly NEC to downtown. The strip of park that runs through the city was a great idea.

Come on down to Philadelphia sometime!

Anonymous said...

Hmm, speaking of A List...

You're on my A List, Heather!

Anonymous said...

But you're on my AAA list before his!