Friday, May 04, 2007

Hooray!

No more papers!

Only chamber music and Elijah!

After a fast and furious typing session on Wednesday night, I got up at 7:30 and headed over to the library yesterday morning for my final research class and to hand my paper in. Its actually not a terrible paper - I think its better than some of the ones I did at Eastman.

This week has also been long because of the Concord Chorus gig I have. They are doing Mendelssohn's Elijah. I actually think its an amazing piece, although it is VERY long, and the violins have literally NO breaks until the middle of the 2nd part (the women acappella aria). There are a TON of notes and most of them are fast and furious. But I'm having a wonderful time. The only other problem is that all of the rehearsals/concerts are far away - 1.5 hours. Yuck. Yesterday we had 6 - thats right, 6 - hours of rehearsal until 10 pm. After getting only 5 hours of sleep the night before, I was pretty tuckered out. I had a lesson this morning at 10 am, too. Ugh.

But all of this doesn't matter because MY RESEARCH CLASS IS OVER!!!!!!!!!!!

And - spring in Boston is so nice. Thank goodness for sun and warmth.

1 comment:

kimberlyfitch said...

Where are the updates, Heather?? We should talk!