Wednesday, August 27, 2008

This morning I got up too late to practice and too early to really get ready immediately, so why not waste time with blogging?

Heidi, Adelaide and I shall be heading to NH later this morning for a nice little trip up to Exeter. Heidi teaches there with about 5-8 students, and while she is on maternity leave these next few months, I'll be going up once a week to teach in her place, so today is just a day to look around, make sure I'll know where I'm going, etc etc etc. I won't officially start teaching for another two weeks. I'm kinda excited. The Yings are giving a concert at Exeter in October - unfortunately I can't go, because of a gig here in town.

Theory testing is on Friday, and next week starts the beginning of my three-year coursework for a doctorate in musical arts. Also have an orchestra audition next week, for seating - excerpts are Brahms 2, which then we shall play at the first concert. My chamber music situation is already figured out - three other DMA students (Ariana, Klaudia, and Nat), playing Beethoven 131 and Bartok 2, which we will perform in the spring for a DMA chamber music recital for all of us. This first year I may only get one recital out of the way - but after that, I'm looking at two next year, and two the following year. The biggest annoyance is the concerto recital. A whole recital, of just concertos. (sigh) Yuck.

I will write more about this whole DMA process as the week goes on. For now, I must go start coffee and get ready for the day. 

No comments: