Monday, January 26, 2009

Long Johns

It has been a much colder, snowier winter this year in Boston than either of my previous two here. With that has come my very first purchase of long johns.

I have lived in the north for now 16 winters, and yet this is the first one that includes my purchase of long johns. Heidi wears them religiously, and for some reason, I haven't been smart enough to start sooner. In any case, this might be the coldest winter for me ever, since I spend way more time outdoors waiting for trains and buses and such, instead of just walking down all of a block of Gibbs St. Or getting in a car and driving four blocks to Wisco.

I'd like to publicly thank Heidi for sending me a link to Lands End to make my purchase. And I'd like to thank Lands End for having their long johns on sale from $40 to $20.

This has changed my life.

3 comments:

Hannah said...

Looking at the fact that you drove four blocks to Wisco...I can't believe that this is my sister...this is Heather Braun. Who knew that 6 and a half years later you would be single-handedly trying to save the earth?? I'm so proud of you!

Mwah!

Anonymous said...

Ah, shucks . . . . It was nuttin'!! Now if only there were a testimonial page on the Lands End website for you to fill out, Heather . . . .

Anonymous said...

I'd like to add one more thing: the long johns that I so believe in and the ones that Heather is raving about are 100% wool, everyone!