Saturday, December 09, 2006

Craziness

This week has been insane. I've been house sitting for my sister, taking care of the cats, and the commute between her house and my apartment and BU is taking forever. Thank goodness I'll be done in two days. I couldn't handle it much longer.

Jury next week. (sigh) I'm a bad violinist.

However, I am still surprised and delighted by the city of Boston. There are so many cute little places to eat that are owned individually - I may give up fast food chains forever (except for last night - on the way to a gig I got Wendy's, and yes, Mary, I got the same as we always do). I go to a little place across from BU about three times a week, and the guy there has started charging me less and less for the chicken salad sandwich I get (VERY good). THEN....two nights ago, I was coming back to Heidi's after rehearsal, around 9 pm. There is a little pizza place on her corner called Theo's. I walk in and the owner behind the counter tells me if I play violin for 5 minutes, he'll give me free food. So I played some Bach (good jury practice) and then Orange Blossom Special, a fiddle tune from my Suzuki academy days. And I got a delicious cheese pizza - free. I love Boston.

It seems that Kimby will in fact be visiting during February. Hooray!!!!! David, Kitty - want to come too and make it a CCE reunion?

I hate the fact that semesters end during December, when I'd much rather be enjoying the Christmas season then freaking out about my theroy exam and jury and so many performances. How about we move school from August - November and then early January-April. Any takers??

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, people are usually asking me NOT to play violin....that must have been fun-o-my!