Tuesday, April 24, 2007

I am back in Boston, after a week in NYC and a day in Vermont playing a concert for Manchester. While the time there was very relaxing and wonderful, I am so happy to be home. Ari and Joana, the director of Manchester and his wife, treat me so well and fed me all week long. I love playing with them, and even got to do some babysitting for their 2 year old, Michael, who is a very smart, serious, cute little boy.

The rest of the semester is busy still, yet everything I have left has little pressure. I have to do my research project, have a chamber music concert in May (Brahms a minor and Mozart B-flat violin/viola duo), orchestra concert Friday, and a couple gigs here and there. I'm so happy the recital is over - thanks to all for well wishes. It went smoothly, and its OVER. Hooray!

The weather in Boston has changed from 40 degrees and raining last Monday to 80 degrees and sunny yesterday. Apparently it was a record of some sort. It was actually HOT, which I haven't felt in a LONG time. Its not going to permanently last, as tomorrow will be 55 and raining, but it felt nice in the meantime, and tomorrow's weather can definitely be said to be neither too cold nor too hot.

I'm at the library now waiting for stuff to print, since my printer at home is officially broken. My dad spent half of his time here last weekend trying to fix it - reinstalled it, printed test page after test page. Apparently it shouldn't have been working for a long time, because the version of Mac I have and the printer aren't compatible. I was lucky for awhile, and the luck has run out. Too bad - now I'll have to print everything from here and while thats fine, its just inconvenient.

Tonight is babysitting little dearie, Adelaide. I have a lesson today too - with nothing to play, Peter and I can have a long talk about the "future." Scary.

2 comments:

kimberlyfitch said...

Your future is that you will go for your DMA in NY! Specifically, Stony Brook!

Ps. that's where I'm going....

Heather said...

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?????????? Oh my lord....i am calling you tomorrow....

maybe i should write that on your blog instead of mine....