Thursday, November 29, 2007

Procrastination

I am sadly procrastinating at the moment. I turned pages for Molly this morning for a recital permission, and now, with 4 hours before my lesson, I should be practicing like mad, but I really. Am not. In the mood.

Things have been ok. Thanksgiving was very pleasant at Heidi's as always. This was my 6th one there - every year since I started college. Whit made a fabulous dinner, and then we all made strips of construction paper listing twenty things we're thankful for. Then we linked all the strips together to make a paper chain, and it is all different colors and really beautiful. It was a nice thing to do.

I'm auditioning for the Britten-Pears orchestra next Wednesday at NEC. This was a VERY last minute, quick application decision, but if I get in and it worked out, I would be going to England to perform! I need to do something this summer, and CCE looks like it might have a mini-reunion as well, in California. It always amazes me how much time and energy throughout the year musicians spend on music festivals. We have to apply usually by December, do auditions in the winter, make a choice in the spring, attend them in the summer, and by October (only a little of a month after summer) the cycle of "what will I do next summer?" returns again. As much as I enjoyed and appreciated last summer off, the musical-festival-itch has returned.

Last week had a sentimental and emotional moment. I decided to order Papa Johns pizza for the first time since Eastman. I logged into my account, and had to update all my info - address, phone number, etc. Everything was still listed as the Eastman dorm, including my dorm phone number. All those nights of sausage with half mushroom pizzas, sitting on Mary's floor eating, came flying back.

Also, Kimby looked FANTASTIC last week on Stacey London's Fashionably Late! Whoo-hoo Kimby! You're a star!

Ok. Brahms is calling my name. I can hear him. Good lord.

1 comment:

Mary said...

I miss all those pizza nights (even though we were usually procrastinating). Too bad I can't come up with good excuses to order pizza every night anymore. I just bought a Papa John's gift card for my brother yesterday and thought of you too!