Sunday, July 13, 2008

Mid-July already....

As usual, the summer is flying by and I don't even really know what happened to it.

I spent the past two days in New Hampshire, playing a pops concert at the NH Music Festival. My sister is there playing for a month, so it was nice to spend the weekend with her and Adelaide. This was my first EVER pops concert, complete with a medly of songs from the James Bond movies and Stars and Stripes Forever. We also did a Gershwin thingy, and the conductor actually had us "tap dance" in one spot and do a "kick line" in another one. Fortunately, Heidi and I were the last stand of 2nd violins, hidden behind the piano; we could not stop giggling, and I ended up laughing so hard and trying to suppress said laughter that the tears were flowing freely. I couldn't help it, especially with the theme from Rocky being played while the conductor walks on stage, in lieu of the national anthem.

My days spent at Tanglewood were nice too, although they ended on a somber note (go to ohmytrill.blogspot.com for more information). I'm not sure what they will do now.....its quite a disaster. I'm expecting a chain reaction of canceling conductors throughout the world as the BSO tries to replace the ones for Levine's concerts.

Fortunately, I'm home for a solid week and a half before heading home for the Lutheran worship and arts conference. Right now I'm baking cookies. They smell good, and the timer just went off. Anyone who wants to try one is welcome to come by!

No comments: