Thursday, March 18, 2010

Day 3

This morning was an earlier case morning - up at 7 instead of 7:30. I've been so bad with the blog lately, I'm sure many do not know that I am the graduate student representative for the College of Fine Arts Dean Search Committee here at BU.

I wish I had the willpower and need for less sleep to report that I practiced from 7:30 to 8:30 am this morning, before the meeting, but alas, I know my limits and that did NOT happen.

However, I just practiced for an hour and a half, and will be practicing tonight after teaching as well, so things are still on track.

Tomorrow morning will finally be a much needed 3-hour morning practice session. These are few and far between, but cherished and I can't wait to get some of this recital rep more figured out. I'm playing Debussy, Franck, and Prokofiev 1 sonatas for my recital (which has yet to have a date because of an Arneis schedule that is still in flux).

Speaking of Arneis, my summer is shaping up: we have been accepted to the Juilliard Quartet Seminar in NYC the third week of May, the Banff Quartet Seminar for three weeks in June, and then of course the Muir program in Utah for three weeks in July. Add all of that to the fact that I'll be moving for the first time in four years, the action for me doesn't stop until August 1st. And then a month after that begins my final year as a student attending classes.

(sigh) Life is going fast!

1 comment:

OhMyTrill said...

Where are you moving?!?!?