Friday, March 19, 2010

Day 4

After spending last night at Heidi's, I enjoyed a ride to BU this morning to practice after Heidi dropped off Adelaide at her own school (which is close by). With an arrival of just after 8:30, I was able to practice from 8:45-10:45 smoothly and without any problems. It felt good - was rough at first - I was so tired after not getting into bed till one and waking up before 7 (all you mothers out there I know I am a wimp when it comes to sleep) - but I survived and was somewhat more prepared for the Bach Birthday Celebration rehearsal at Emmanuel this afternoon.

March Madness has hit and I'm watching it right now while typing this and doing laundry. Watching it though has made me realize how much I miss the Olympics, even though towards the end I was getting a little bored. Eh.

Last night Arneis found out we did not make it into the next round for Fischoff. Its a long dramatic story, but the short version is we had a recording session in early February that we felt good about, but the recording engineer lost all the footage (need I remind CCE that for Fischoff it has to be a dvd? So annoying). He had all the audio but none of the visual. So we had to use stuff from November, which, lets face it - things sounded much better in February than they did in November. This is a disappointment, of course, but I am also a tiny bit relieved as it frees up some days that I wasn't counting on in early May. And we already have plenty going on from May - July.

On my way to Emmanuel today I saw a guy walking his squirrel. On a leash. This has to be one of the more bizarre things I've seen. And I will also mention that the squirrel didn't seem to be enjoying it. I'm half wondering if he captured the squirrel five minutes earlier in a nearby park and started dragging it around on the leash.

The spring weather here over the past three days doesn't fool me. I expect another snow storm next week.

1 comment:

Hannah said...

I am very upset with the recording engineer since now you won't be in South Bend during my graduation. :-( It was a nice thought.