Thursday, September 21, 2006

Hello all!

I'm sorry about the lasps in writing. Mary, I STILL don't have internet at home! I got a phone line on Tuesday for DSL, but couldn't order DSL until I had the phone line, so now it will probably be at the most another week. (sigh) I'm so sick of this!

Speaking of sick - I have a really awful cold. I got it from Adelaide, who got it from her first week of 3-year old preschool. Thats what happens when you are first exposed to so many more germs, I guess. Heidi also got it, but I seem to have it much worse than she did. I only slept four hours last night because of coughing fits. When I say fits, I mean fits. I hope the people above and below me and poor Liza across the living room can't hear me - its loud and VERY annoying.

Things have gotten a little more settled. I'm playing in Heidi's quartet for the next two weeks because their second violinist can't do a concert with them on Oct. 4th. We started rehearsing that today - Bartok 1 and Mozart Adagio and Fugue. It was a good time. I also have my first wedding gig next weekend, and am playing a Bach cantata this Sunday at Emmanuel Church, the only church in the US that does a Bach cantata every Sunday, the end of Sept. - the beginning of May. Heidi is a regular member, and I have been asked to sub. I'm VERY excited.

Apologies to Paul Miller, for not yet returning his phone call. It will happen within the next 30 hours, I promise.

Theory is annoying.

The weather is up and down. Two days ago was 80, today was 60. I like it. Although it would be nice in theory to never have cold weather, I really think I would miss it. Especially in a couple months. I'm so excited to be in a big city during the Christmas season - it is going to be beautiful. (I've started listening to my Praetorius Christmas Mass cd again - Sara, would you like a copy so that it is still being played at the SLC front desk??? :-))

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Uh oh, let's see, you posted this at 9:30, and now it's 11:30, so I only have to wait a maximum of 28 hours now!!! Whioooo!! I WISH we had a church here in Philadelphia that did a Bach cantata every Sunday!!! But alas we do not. Come on down here and visit sometime!

OhMyTrill said...

I would love it to be 60 here...however...it is most often over 90...and may be 60 but november or so. I miss cool temps!

I hope you keep in mind the AMAZING performance of the mozart adagio and fugure by the fabulous Tyringham Quartet at Ozawa hall...thats one for the record books.

sara ballance said...

yes yes yes yes YES!!!
i miss you heather braun....