Monday, September 11, 2006

Surreal

So, I just got done playing a non-paying gig at Marsh Chapel, the BU chapel on campus. It was for a 9/11 memorial service, and was a trio gig (unfortunely, there was no Pleyel - actually, thats probably a good thing - otherwise I would have started sobbing on the spot).

The surreal part is this:

Today, besides being a memorial disaster day, is also my sister Heidi and brother-in-law Whit's wedding anniversary. They got married on Sept. 11, 1999, in Marsh Chapel. Holly, Hannah and I were bridesmaids. I was 15. And now, exactly seven years later I'm playing for memorial services at the exact same location. It is very interesting to see where you end up while you look back. Very interesting.

I have my first theory assignment in 3 semesters to complete tonight, due tomorrow morning. Ugh.

I miss you all!!

2 comments:

OhMyTrill said...

I just wrote a theory paper. Its hilarious becuase I wrote it in like 10 minutes (just a two pager). I'm glad I got used to writing 2 page papers really really fast from all of those dumb reponse papers. Thank you Eastman!

And in response to sobbing at the thougt of playing Pleyel...thats why we need to play again together...we really should!

Heather said...

Bravo, Gavid! And hang in there for orchestra - its a GOOD thing that you are the only new cellist! My baby is growing up!