Sunday, February 04, 2007

Sad Day

Kimby has left Boston. She left early this morning. I was so sad to see her go - we had such a nice week together!! We even had beers at Cheers - unfortunately, I had to admit to David on the phone while we were there that nobody knew my name. If I went more often, though, I bet they would. Its actually not as expensive as I was expecting. For a place that has been made incredibly famous by a television show, I thought a beer would be about 10 bucks. Turns out - only $5.95. Shocking.

Life must return to normal for me. I don't have any other close friends visiting Boston for auditions, but Liza does have quite a few over the next few weeks. Also, the suspense is building as we still are not 100% sure that Mutzi (her cat) is pregnant. She has gotten quite fatter over the past three weeks, but maybe thats just the fact that once, as an outdoor cat, she got a lot more exercise and a lot less food, and now, as an indoor cat, she gets NO exercise (since she really doesn't seem to get the concept of playing with cat toys) and a lot MORE food? Who knows.

I am doing Brahms a minor quartet this semester with the same people who made up the strings (minus bass, obviously) in my octet last semester. We had a long rehearsal this afternoon, and it went very well. However - I miss CCE. Kimby and I did viola duets last night for a LONG time, and it was hilarious. We did a bunch of Pleyel, to honor CCE's gigging extravaganzas. I love Pleyel, and I know absolutely nothing about the guy. I should do some research.

1 comment:

kimberlyfitch said...

Oh, I had such a great time! It seems like a dream now that we were hanging out together!