Thursday, September 25, 2008

Tonight was the first BU orchestra concert, which went well - Brahms 2 is always a joy to play. 

I'm teaching at Exeter for Heidi while she's on maternity leave this semester, and so far, I am really enjoying it. I had to get a Zipcar, since its a little over an hour north of here (NH) and taking a train would just be too risky, with delays and what not that usually happen with trains. The teaching itself more than makes up for the cost of the zipcar, so that is great, and I love having a car for one day of the week. The drive itself is gorgeous - fall, in all its beautiful, tree-color-changing glory, has already arrived up north. 

Peter has put me on a Kreutzer diet for lessons this semester. Its going well - kinda like a purifying ritual. Today was about trills. I am a very bad trill-er, especially my fourth finger. Its a disaster. Kreutzer to the rescue!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like your ride is a great time in your week for Heather time...enjoy!! I'm curious to see what the Zipcar looks like.

OhMyTrill said...

its already fall up there??? I'm waaaay to used to the south.

and i hope your zipcar resembles the car you had during your last visit to tanglewood...that would be amazing.

kimberlyfitch said...

I'm doing Kreutzer, too - also Sevcik trill exercises are great!!!!! woohoo.

Heather said...

Unfortunately, my zipcar is a red honda civic, not a hot little red mitsubichi eclipse, with only room for two people and CLEARLY is meant to pick up chicks. Too bad.