Thursday, September 13, 2007

Interesting Day

First, I got up at 7 (a rarity) and successfully made it out the door around 8:15. As Molly and I walked to the train stop, we heard one coming, so started to run. About halfway there, I tripped, and fell BADLY on my left knee. Everything went in slow motion as I was falling, and a bit of my life did flash before my eyes, PLUS my violin was strapped to my back and this is my NEWLY ADJUSTED violin which I'm sure is now all messed up again.

I digress. My palms were a little sore, but not bad. My knee however, is a bloody mess, AND the knee in my jeans now has a hole. (sigh) Now both of my jeans has holes. I need new jeans. My ego was badly bruised, as there were a ton of people around. It was incredibly embarrasing. Incredibly. I got to school and cleaned myself up. I was very woe-is-me all morning It hurts when I bend it.

Then, I practiced, which went well. Brahms concerto is coming along. Had a nice lesson at 11, with Peter, who has now scheduled THREE lessons for next week. Good lord. I was information overload as it is today with just an hour with him. Its going to be three next week? I should actually be happy, and stop complaining - at Eastman I never got enough lessons (second semester senior year I think I had 9, and they were never really a full hour) - now I'm getting more than what is the maximum.

Then, the stupid scheduling office people were once again NOT in the schedule office. Ah, for the good ol' days of reserving rooms online. Give me that any day. This having to go to school and talk to someone about it business is crap. I waited for a half hour for them to return, meanwhile scheduling stuff with my new quartet. We are going to do Grieg quartet for a Grieg festival in Nov here at BU (its a Grieg year - who knew??). Fun fun fun.

The schedule guy came back, and I reserved a room for studio on Monday night.

Then, I needed to go to Cambridge to pick up music for my Cantata Singers gig next weekend. When I did B minor mass with them last spring, Hoose brought me the music. No such luck this time. I got on a 66 bus, and began the trip. About halfway there, we stopped in traffic for a good 5 min when the firetrucks and ambulances came. Started moving again after another 10 min, and sure enough, on the right, are paramedics doing cpr on a guy covered in blood. I could see the whole thing. It looks like he wasn't wearing a seatbelt, stopped suddenly and flew into his windshield, because there were no other cars in the accident and the windshield was broken on the driver's side.

Suddenly, my knee didn't seem so bad, and I felt like a jerk because I'd complained about it already to about three different people. Its just a scraped knee.

Soon enough, I got to Cambridge, picked up the music, and came home.

Since then, I have been doing laundry (the f*%&^ing dryers aren't working again - everything is wet and cold), packing, and moving my newly painted dresser into my room! It looks really amazing - hopefully i'll figure out my camera with my computer soon so all can see. I love it! And it is the PERFECT size for where my bookshelf used to be. The curtains for my room went up last night, and they are also very nice.

Can you tell I don't have italics? I have to resort to capital letters.

Tomorrow night I'm going to Indiana for my cousin Josh's wedding. I haven't been to the area where my dad's family lives since before junior year of high school. I have to run directly from orchestra to the airport, land in Indianapolis at 11ish, my parents will pick me up, we'll go get Hannah at Butler, go BACK to the airport to pick up Holly coming in from Phoenix at 12:30 am, and then drive the 3-4 hours to the southern part of the state. Its going to be fun, but exhausting. Oh, and then we have rehearsal for the wedding at 8 am.

This is a very long, and I realize, very boring post. I will close for now.

1 comment:

OhMyTrill said...

Grieg year? but everybody knows that it is carter year!