Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Things and Stuff

While talking on the phone last night with Kimberly (for almost two hours!), she asked me if I have a new roommate. I suddenly realized that many of you may not know that I have a new person living with me. Her name is Molly Wood, and she is a 2nd year Masters collaborative piano degree. She moved in Sunday with a flurry of activity, and we started to scrub this place down like you've never seen before. Hopefully we'll be done by the end of this weekend, and at the end every room with be cleaned and reorganized, including my room. I have a new dresser (found it at the back door trash dump - its old, and needs paint, but its good wood - cedar - and the drawers are dovetailed - I am quite excited) that will go in the place of my bookshelf, which is now in the living room. Fun fun fun!

At my lesson yesterday, while I was playing along, there was a knock on the door and who should it be but Ari Striesfeld (http://www.jackquartet.com/index.html)!!! I had forgotten that he is now in my studio. He graduated from Northwestern for his masters, and he and his girlfriend (who is going to Longy) have moved to Boston for DMAs. It was SO good to see him, and recall past CCE days at Soundfest. Happy times.

My first official class is today at 1 pm with Joel Sheveloff. Its a History of Song class. Obviously, its not very specific to my type of instrument, however Sheveloff is suppose to be this great prof that everybody is constantly talking about and I needed the credit so low and behold, i'm taking it. I figure violinists are always trying to sound like a voice anyway - maybe this will be more helpful to me than I originally thought.

Next on my call list - Paul and Mary!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hmmm hmmm!!!!