Friday, September 28, 2007

This will be fast, I have class with Sheveloff in 7 minutes.

School has officially settled in and become crazy once again. My chamber music group is doing Grieg Quartet for the Grieg festival here at BU on Nov. 8th - its a big honor that we were asked, and I'm VERY excited.

I leave for Manchester Tour (my FIFTH!!!!) on Sunday afternoon. I have to race back to Boston on Tuesday afternoon for the orchestra concert that night, then leave at 6 am on Wednesday morning to get BACK to Vermont early enough for 10 am rehearsal. Thankfully, Tatiana, who is the other violinist in my quartet now and who was at Manchester with me in 2004, is also doing the tour and has to come back for the BU concert. And she has a car. Thank heavens, otherwise I'd have to rent one and THAT would be expensive.

It is TOO hot here.

My craziness on the first weekend of December (see previous post) has subsided, not exactly the way I wanted to, but alas, I cannot do everything. I had to get out of a big quartet gig because of Molly's recital and the dress rehearsal for the orchestra concert in Symphony Hall, but its good that I did, because two days later I got asked to sit concertmaster for that concert. I will be poorer, but I guess I AM a student. Sometimes it still really stinks to be a student.

However, I do love being a student with Peter! I've had two lessons EVERY week and am progressing well. Brahms is coming along. I love it.

I must go now and listen to Schubert lieder.

No comments: