Saturday, April 12, 2008

Landlords and BU Strike Again

I had a blast playing Baroque violin for Semele on Wednesday and Thursday night. Since I'm staying here next year, I'm going to try to get more into it, even convince the HP department to do some major work (new strings, adjustment, fingerboard planed) on the violin I'm using.

Here are some things happening lately that have made my life more stressful than it should be:

1. Got the most interesting call from Liza yesterday - Molly and I did not get the renewal contract for our apartment next year to our landlord by April 1st, more like April 8th, but he apparently still does not have it, so realtors were calling Liza saying that they would be showing my apartment to prospective tenants. WHAT??????? I called said landlord immediately and we have figured it out (as well as told him he should not be bothering Liza, obviously), so all should be fine. But that was an extreme moment of panic. Sheer. Panic.

2. I received my acceptance letter for my DMA here a week ago Thursday, along with a letter for a full tuition scholarship from an arts foundation. Two days ago, I got another letter of acceptance, with a full tuition scholarship from private CFA sponsors. I did not realize the discrepancy until last night when I was filling out the forms, but I now have two letters that say I have two full rides from two very different sources. So now I have to go figure that out in the admissions office. BU has apparently been screwing up EVERYTHING with admissions stuff for next fall - my friend Sharon was told her scholarship for next year was half of what it actually is, and my close friend Emily's application was actually lost. Gone. I realize I am selfishly complaining, in comparison to their mixups, but come on, BU. This messes with people's lives, plans, emotions, and time in extreme ways.

The weather is picking up. Spring is finally coming. With it means baseball season in Boston, meaning overcrowded trains with drunk Red Sox fans.

No comments: