Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Week of Insanity

Last night's Verdi went smoothly, although it was not without its hiccups.

The first Emmanuel rehearsal for B minor Mass was yesterday, and it was quite enjoyable to sit next to my sister. We are standpartners - I love it, but it is quite funny at the same time, too.

Tomorrow night and Thursday night are the Semele performances for the Baroque orchestra. Its great music, and the singers sound wonderful, the orchestra, not so much. My baroque violin is in such bad shape - I desperately need a new D string, a rehair, and some peg dope.

My modern violin is also in a bit of a bad state. I need new strings, need a rehair, need new rosin (I finally dropped it - I knew it was coming - my rosin is now in 25 zillion pieces), and need an adjustment.

And I really really REALLY need a nap. No time though! Must press on!

No comments: