Monday, July 24, 2006

Cool Weather, Gran Turismo, TOP

Last night I slept with a sheet AND a comforter. I loved it. I love blankets and curling up in them. Thank goodness this particular heat wave has come and gone. I'm sure it will not be the last before the end of the summer, but today was such a beautiful day without being hot - lots of sun but a nice breeze. I don't think I could ever move back to the south, even if I have already lived there for over a third of my life. I am officially a northern girl.

Currently I am working on Gran Turismo, "A Piece for Eight Virtuostic Violinists" by Andrew Norman. From the article, it would seem he already has a good career going, and this piece is the most fun I've had since the Schumann Quintet performance. Plus, something I have noticed but I doubt others have - 4 of the 8 violinists in this group are either alumni or a current (Ruby) Eastman student. Me, Boram Kang, Melissa Chung, and Ruby Chen (who was so sweet after my Mozart quintet performance yesterday - "Heather! I'm so proud you're in my studio!" - except unfortunately, or maybe fortunately, actually, no longer - anyway). That is making me very proud. David and I only have exactly three weeks left together - and we talk of CCE and Kim and Kitty every day - and I am starting to feel homesick already. Very silly. (sigh) I will miss Eastman.

Tomorrow is TOP (Tanglewood On Parade)! I always look forward to it, every year I have been here. It is such a fun day. And all finished off with 1812 Overture and John Williams! Tomorrow morning we shall have rehearsal with the maestro himself. Maybe I should ask him if David and I can have a picture with him???

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Whew, enjoy the cool. It is SO MISERABLY hot here! Hopefully it will cool down -- nothing but hot sun for the last week! Everything has died, turned brown, and gotten crackly.