Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Rain Rain Rain

It has been so hot and humid for the past few days, and while it rained a bit yesterday, that only made things worse instead of cooling off. THEN it rained today - ALL afternoon - and is STILL raining, and I have a feeling tomorrow will be much cooler as anticipated. Certain roommates have begun sleeping half naked because of the heat, so hopefully with a cool down the bedtime shirts will seem much more inviting. It doesn't bother me, its just a little strange when I have to get up at 5:30 am to turn off said roommate's alarm because she won't wake up (Kitty, she reminds me of you - although I doubt you'd set it for 5:30 every morning with the intention of getting up to practice but never actually doing it. So nevermind. I take it back), and the said roommate has sheets everywhere and is not always properly covered up. I'm sure any of the piano boys would enjoy being Zhenya's roommate.

Quintet is not really going all that much better. We are getting the hang of the musical side a bit more, but we still CANNOT play the whole first movement without someone getting lost. I'm getting pretty frustrated, and am at the end of creative ideas and problem-solving solutions. I have no idea how to solve it anymore. It is pretty much a disaster, and if we don't get our act together soon, Fischer will cancel the Sessions and we will be playing Dvorak E-flat quintet instead. Ummm.......yuck.

Elektra, however, is getting better. This morning at rehearsal I was starting to get the hang of things much better. I am still not able to get through a page without playing one of the hundreds of notes on that ONE page wrong, but its only Wednesday, right? With the concert on Saturday night. No problem. Heidi, Whit and Adelaide may be coming to it, too, which would make me very very happy. I have not seen Heidi and Adelaide since my recital, and Whit since my BU/NEC audition in February. Plus they can bring me Indian food. Yum.

Practice time. I have to learn Gran Turismo by Norman Andrew by Friday, July 14th at 1:30 pm. Grr.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there, from Germany! It is very interesting here. It is not raining as much as it probably is in Tanglewood, fortunately. But it is a little hot. Hope you are enjoying your summmmmmmer!!!

I will click the radio button marked 'Sonstiges' instead of 'Anonym' or 'Blogger' where it says 'Wählen Sie eine Identität aus'. I really like this blogger thing where it gives you the right language!