Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Yesterday was the day off, and thank goodness. We went to the beach, the outlets, and then saw The Devil Wears Prada. I know that David liked this movie, but I was slightly disappointed. Lets see if the book shall be better. Books usually are.

Today was double rehearsal for Elektra. This piece is ridiculous. We had rehearsal with the singers for the first time today, and they are all these HUGE MET stars, including Siegfried Jerusalem as Aggememnon (I have NO idea if I spelled that right). Its pretty impressive to be working with professionals from the MET opera, but I can't help but think that its all a little, if not a lot, selfish on Levine's part , who kept his MET job while accepting the BSO one. This is suppose to be the big TMC orchestra concert, held in the Shed where the BSO play every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, filled with tradition and memories and sentimental ideals. And then Levine brings in MET people who shine over the whole TMC orchestra. We sound fine, but come on: these are MET singers, and I can't help but feel that it is because we have MET singers that we have a huge audience for this concert. Last year, Deborah Voigt came and did Brunnhilde for the third act of Gotterdamerung (again - have NO idea if I spelled that right - I think there is suppose to be an umlautt somewhere) and it was the first time ever she had sung Brunnhilde. So everyone was focused on that instead of TMC. Now I'll stop with the complaining. They do sound amazing, especially the woman singing the part of Klytimanestra. I LOVED her.

Today is my parents' 36th wedding anniversary. I called my mother this morning and forgot to say anything, called later this evening and she sounded all happy and excited about their night ahead. If only I could be so blessed someday. My parents are ridiculous. I have never seen two people so in love.

Time for Gil Shaham, Truls Mork, and Bronfman (forget his first name). They are doing a concert of all Schubert trios tonight. Should be VERY good.


No comments: