Sunday, July 23, 2006

Mozart Weekend Review

Mozart this morning was actually fun, and people seemed to enjoy it.

Don Giovanni last night was very very very VERY good. I loved it. It was so long, but still - the final scene when the Commandor drags Giovanni down to hell always gives me chills, even when I watch it in the movie Amadeus (where it is filmed in the original theater where it was premiered).

Had a lovely lovely lunch this afternoon with David's sponsors. Very nice. Almost fell asleep during it. Mozart really took it out of me this weekend. I did not even go to the Requiem concert, which is a little sad since it is one of my favorite pieces. The last time I heard it live was here, actually, during my second summer at BUTI. I came back here and kinda regretted it, but then fell asleep so fast I guess I needed the rest. It will not be the last time I can go here Mozart Requiem. That also now puts an end to Mozart weekend. Yet the 250th year is far from over - I have a feeling there is still more Mozart in my future until 2007. Does anyone know who has a big year for 2007? Hopefully someone good.

No comments: