Saturday, October 28, 2006

Hello Brian! I am adding Madison to the list!!!! :-)

Liza just made chocolate chip pancakes....mmm....its so nice to have a roommate who makes delicious pies, bread, muffins, pancakes, etc.

Its a rainy Saturday in Boston. I have nothing today till tonight at 7:30, and then I shall be attending the Handel opera Orlando. Its almost 4 hours long....both Heidi and Whit are playing in it. I wish I was! I'm excited to go...from the little Handel opera we looked at in theory, aural skills, and history at Eastman, I think I shall enjoy tonight very much.

Last night I turned pages for Heidi's quartet concert (for the pianist - they did Dvorak piano quintet). It was kinda scary (in the Dumka mvt., there are SO many repeats) - the pianist is actually famous for his harpsichord and pianoforte skills, and he did a very good job last night, and he is VERY musical and sensitive - but every once in a while, right after I'd turn the page he'd fumble for a minute. Probably because he was used to turning his own pages and then missing the first few beats of the next measure. I still had fun though. I love to turn pages for pianists. And I got good practice doing it at Eastman for the piano boys every once in awhile. Hearing a piano quintet made me very nostalgic, too. (sigh)

I talked to the one and only Jonathan Ware on Thursday night, for a good long time. It was so nice to talk to him. I talked to Mary on Thursday afternoon (hope she is feeling better!), and David a few times this week in the everlasting TMC gossip. Oh, and Paul for a while last Sunday.

I'm kinda ready for Halloween to be over - last night on the train coming home, it was incredibly crowded with drunken college students all dressed up in costumes. I even got groped by a jerk dressed as a firefighter. Lovely. I'm expecting tonight will probably be more of the same. I can't wait for November.....soon is just not soon enough.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Heather! I would love to come to Orlando! If there is ever a need for a viola d'amore player in Boston, keep me in mind and then maybe I can come visit you!