Thursday, October 26, 2006

I'm eating lunch right now, taking a break before more practicing. I know there are some in this world who believe I should not eat turkey because it will make me sleepy during the afternoons, but oh my goodness, it is so good. Its called "Santa Fe Turkey", with spices and stuff on it - I love it. (I realize it might be idiotic to name turkey, but whatever - its good) I think I'm going to go get some more tomorrow at Shaws - I'm currently eating the last of it. Plus a few carrots. Mmmm.

So, whether I like it or not, the vast world of summer music festivals has one again intruded upon my life. I was talking to David the other night, and we agreed - it seems the only thing we do except for about April - August is worry about where we are going during the months of June, July and August. Once September hits, we're suddenly THROWN back into that world. And sometimes it doesn't even end till May, if you're on a waiting list. I had been all set at the end of TMC this year to take this entire next summer OFF from a festival. I've done a full 6-8 week one every year since 2001, when I was 17. Now I'm 22. Time for a break. Except that along with the choice of returning to TMC, the teacher of the clarinetist in my new music trio wants us to audition for something called the Hampden-Sydney Music Festival, in Virginia. It takes place late May - early June, and is for preformed ensembles (CCE, did we look at this program???? its completely free). This teacher is the Artistic Director, so we're pretty much in. He heard us play at the clarinet studio class, and while I thought it was pretty awful, he LOVED it. This festival is also during Spilleto (am I spelling that right????), so if I even thought about doing that, I'd have to chose. (sigh) Or just not do anything. I wouldn't mind an early three week one, but I just can't do both TMC and something else. Then I might really die.

Hope everyone is well in Houston, LA, Rochester, Philly, Milwaukee, London, Indianapolis, and Denver (hopefully Mary Keener has come back with a tan!). Oh my goodness, we are all so spread out now!! :-( I think thats all the locations from where this is read. If I missed someone, let me know.

1 comment:

Nabir said...

I DO still read your blog from time to time :)
~Brian (Madison)