Saturday, November 18, 2006

It is Saturday.

Meaning tomorrow is Sunday and Thanksgiving week will have officially begun. Hannah is coming in 48 hours!! Happy day!

My week was good, albeit a little stressful. I had a visitor, I have two gigs this weekend, one of which is at Emmanuel, meaning a Bach cantata. The choral at the end is "If you but trust in God to guide you", one of my favorite hymns, so that is very nice. I've met a lot of people in the Boston gig scence this week, including a phone call from the vice-president of the BMU (union). He called about playing Bach's B minor Mass in a couple weeks in Newburyport, PLUS to let me know that as a full time student, I don't have to pay $180 to join the gig, only $42.50. Boy, am I glad he called. I was all ready to send out a $180 check to the union. That would have been a huge pain to try and get that reimbursed. I have half a mind to call the woman I talked to and tell her she should check FIRST with the people that call asking about joining the union if they're a student.

Its a colder day in Boston. The rain has stopped and it is clear skies and dry weather again. I don't mind the cold; I was starting to worry I might never see ANY snow this year.

No comments: