Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Last Rochester Blog Entry (possibly ever)

Hello from Rochester, NY, home of the Eastman School of Music.

David and I made it here fine, and am now in Sibley. He is downloading the last of the CCE concerts from May (Mendelssohn Octet, Schumann Piano Quintet, Haydn Quartet). Arthur is being very hospitable with his very nice (and spacious) apartment at Chestnut. Apparently Matt Zerweck left for England just this morning. Too bad - it would have been so nice to see him too! I ran into Sam Reich about 5 minutes ago.

Tomorrow will be hard. When have I ever LEFT Eastman before in the month of August? David and I felt like we were just driving back to school after another music festival.

Goodbye Rochester. Tomorrow we will embark on the BT IV. I have a video camera (my sister left it with me for last night's party and the trip home). I am in the process of making a documentary. And, Mary Keener, we will play the Rochester Exit Music (end of Nutcracker) tomorrow morning in honor of you.

3 comments:

Mary said...

Aww! I wish I could be there with you (if only to speed up the drive). Maybe I'll play the exit music here in Denver in your honor!

Anonymous said...

I must be too late...read my xanga
:( sob sob sob
I was thinking of you just now!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Heather! I only have 2 minutes left on my internet thing here but I wanted to say hello! Have a safe trip.