Monday, August 07, 2006

One Week Left

A List:

1.There is only 7 days left of TMC 2006.

2. The Sessions performance went very well yesterday, thank you. There were still stupid mistakes made, but we survived and Norman Fischer seemed very happy. It is over, thank the dear Lord.

3. Hindemith's Mathis der Mahler is not an easy piece.

4. I kinda want to go home....

5. Yet love it here even though I'm getting sick of it.

6. But home should be good, despite the wisdom teeth extravaganza.

7. The performance of Daphnis and Chloe last night was not as good as the French Concert at Eastman in Nov. 2004. Maybe because we only rehearsed it for about 4 days. I was all sentimental every time we played it, even last night. And I missed doing that stupid bird solo at the beginning - those harmonics were always a delightful challenge with Mario and Grace.

8. There is no 8.

1 comment:

Nabir said...

That French concert was the one rotation I really regret having been left out of. Ah well.