Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Another Semester

Ugh. I'm so sick of school. I'm sick of classes. I should have tried to get a performance diploma instead of a master's degree - I don't mind orchestra too much to hate it, love chamber music and love my teacher and still need lots of help from him. But research classes that are taught by a 45 year old doctoral student? Who seems to want to punish others for the fact that her dissertation isn't done after 10+ years?? Come on. Give me Paul Miller any day. And Paul - she's 45. Not a young strapping 30 like you. It could always be worse.

I'm sick, AGAIN. I talked to my parents last night and got an email from my mom this morning very concerned about my health. I'm not sure why I got sick this time - I think maybe since I was around so many germs last week for the education concerts? Who knows. I need to take more vitamins.

Star Trek Voyager has reentered my life. I miss that show badly.

In other news, I just found out the program for the first rotation of orchestra here. Some Mozart piano concerto, a world premiere by some guy I've never heard of, and: Gershwin American in Paris. AND: Ravel Pavane. (sigh) How am I going to get through American in Paris without Kimby to make faces at in the viola section? How am I going to get through the Ravel without David to make faces at in the cello section, and without remembering the whole French concert in general? Boo hiss.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow. 45 years old! I think I will start punishing students AFTER my dissertation is done.