Saturday, January 06, 2007

In Boston Once Again

I have been home since Thursday afternoon....and I must say I am happy to be here. The only problem is that it was 60 degrees today. SIXTY. That is not right. We are killing our planet, slowly but surely.

Tomorrow I take off once again for a week in Manchester, VT, which is like my third home (here, then WI, then VT). I'll be there performing with a string quartet for various community ed concerts throughout the western Vermont area. We are doing a whole slew of stuff, including a piece by Russell Peck called "Don't Tread On Me or On My String Quartet." From the looks of the score that I got today in the mail, it seems kinda jazzy and very syncopated, with lots of Bartok pizz (yay! Although Bartok pizz continues to scare the hell out of me - i'm always afraid I'll snap too hard and my bridge will go flying).

School starts in a week and a half. Ugh.

2 comments:

OhMyTrill said...

you must must must must see the Al Gore movie, An Inconvenient Truth (or did you already see it?)...it is SHOCKING...Lets just say I will be trying to walk everywhere possible (lets see how long that lasts in Houston)

and yes, the weather is SCARY...72 in NYC today, that is plain wrong

Nabir said...

Must be nice to be back in Boston. Was good seeing you :)