Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Another Wednesday.

I wish I could motivate myself to do more with this blog or even post items that are of relative interest and could be debated...but somehow it just never happens. I'm so impressed with David and Sara's blog look. (sigh) Maybe someday I'll get the motivation to be more creative. For the time being....this is it.

I've been in Manchester since Sunday, having as usual a very relaxing, enjoyable time. The only problem is there is NO snow! Its VERMONT! Today at the school we were at, we saw posted in the front that the annual school sking trip has been canceled for tomorrow because of the lack of snow. Apparently its too warm to even use a snow machine to make snow - once they make it, it has to be cold enough for it to STAY frozen. Although today and even yesterday have been much colder than Sunday and Monday were, the Vermont industry has to be suffering during their most popular season - winter. Now would be a bad time to own a ski resort in this part of the country. Not bad though if you live in Colorado...poor Mary and her stuck car!

The playing here is going well. We're doing some Vivaldi, Boccherini, Beethoven (Op. 18 No. 4 scherzo mvt. - fun!) and the Russell Peck piece. The director (Ari) and his wife (Joana) are always so good to me, and I have made a new friend, Oren, a guitar player. He's living here at Festival House with me in the apartment over the offices while I get the rest of the house basically to myself. The kids we're playing for have all been VERY good audiences, and I am putting my Music For All talents to use by introducing the Beethoven (where is our next composer from? did you know he was deaf? a scherzo is like a musical joke! listen as we pass off the theme from one to another...etc etc etc). Thank you Elinor Freer.

Alas, it must end soon. Saturday I return to Boston, and Tuesday begins the new semester.

No comments: