Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Happy New Year to all!

Break at home thus far has been nice. Holly and Hannah are also here with me and my parents, and they have been quite wonderful sisters. We've been doing the usual Braun things - euchre, junk food, tv, playing violin for church, and our second-annual event of New Years Day at noon - polar bearing. Jumping into Lake Michigan. On January 1st.

The way I see it, doing something crazy on the first day of the year promises for more crazy, exciting, fun events for the rest of the year. Last year didn't turn out too bad, and I did it for the first time last year. And this year there was a bonus - the one and only Gavid Derstein. He actually went in with me, Holly, Hannah, my dad, and my cousin Rindee. There are pictures on facebook to prove it. There shall be more, as soon as I figure out how to with my new camera.

A few days ago I was in Chicago to visit David, Brian, and meet up with Mary and Daniel while they were in town to see Mary's family. It was a very wonderful reunion, and all parties seemed happy in their new lives away from Eastman. Its amazing to think only a year ago we had only one semester left. Now everyone's lives are very different.

On Thursday I return to Boston. This is good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Heather! OMG I am so sorry I forgot to call you back - I gave the key to Rich and then things got crazy, because we got completely lost driving around Harvard Square! I'll update you soon...there should be a blog entry. Also, there's a small chance I might be bringing a kitty back with me!