Friday, January 26, 2007

It is COLD in Boston!

However, still no massive amounts of snow. There's a little here and there, left over from earlier this week - maybe Boston can give some of their snow removal money to Denver, since we haven't really used any of it yet, and Denver seems to need it more than we do.

It has been a very long week. Thank goodness its Friday. My violin is ok now - I had to leave it overnight at Ken Meyer's, the biggest string guy in Boston. The entire left side seam had split open. My bow also was having problems - the hair was too short for the dry weather, but now that is also fixed. Thank goodness. I babysat Adelaide yesterday, and she had a bit of a breakdown. Sometimes its hard to wake up in the living room after a nap and its dark and cold and Mommy is nowhere to be seen. She was crying so hard she was having trouble breathing - she's ok, but it was scary for me too. Heidi said its been happening a bit lately, after naps, that she gets upset. Poor baby. Its hard being three.

Things have started to get moving and busier than they were a week ago, which I'm thankful for. I'm playing Sarasate's Navarra with Tatiana, an old friend from Manchester, for her degree recital. We had our first rehearsal last night, and it went well - such fun, happy music!

I have my first gig at the Four Seasons tomorrow afternoon. Very posh. Musicians aren't allowed to carry cases through the main lobby....we have to go through the employee entrance. Ooooh la la.

3 comments:

OhMyTrill said...

Ad better break that habit soon, she will never get through college if she cries everytime she gets up fro ma nap.

Anonymous said...

I second Gerstein's comment.

Whew! Good thing you got your violin glued up.

Heather said...

I wish people were sympathetic when I got from naps, like I was with Adelaide....maybe I should start crying every time I wake up....see how life goes that way.....