Wednesday, January 17, 2007

The second day of the semester has come and gone, and with it this afternoon's first rehearsal of American in Paris. I forgot how much I like the sound of saxaphones in an orchestra - its ok to shoot me for saying this, but I like them in orchestrations. I think they help with the clarinet sound. Needless to say, the first run-through was a bit of a disaster. The one thing saving it all though is that I look up during tuning and there I see Liza Malamut on trombone. Thank goodness for a friendly Eastman face while playing something from one of my favorite Eastman orchestra concerts. Besides, its good to see Liza in orchestra!

I'm on a nostalgia kick - can you tell?

The cat Liza brought, Mutsy, seems to be adjusting to life as a Boston cat. She loves the couch and chair I got from Heidi and Whit. Most of the time thats where she is, although she was investigating my room when i got home yesterday. She is a cute little thing, petite with orange stripes. She meows loudly, but so far, not so that it wakes me up, which is a good sign. Nate met her today and gave his approval. It is nice to have a cat to come home to.

It seems that our little apartment is going to be busy busy busy during audition season. Kimby will be here for few days at the end of January - first day of February, as well as many others from Eastman (and also Rich, Liza's boy toy) throughout the month of February. It'll be very nice.

4 comments:

sara ballance said...

ahhhhh, i am on a nostalgia kick too! and i am VERY jealous of your new kitty.
i miss you, heather!!!!!

Anonymous said...

That's good, I was going to shoot you anyway.

...with a pistol that has a little flag that comes down with the word "bang" written on it.

OhMyTrill said...

I HATE HATE HATE sax's in orchestra...it just always seems so retarded to me. They just don't belong.

I am on a nostalgia kick too...we are playing Rachmaninov Symphonic dances in orchestra...one of our first concerts at Eastman! (another piece with Sax...shoot me...we always skip over the sax part, because Rice doesn't have that as a major so there is nobody to play it right now)

Anonymous said...

Boy Toy!!!! HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH

Dude, that thing H. does before he conducts is WEIRD.