Saturday, March 22, 2008

Good Friday Canceled

Milwaukee received about 12 inches of snow in an all-day blizzard yesterday, and as a result, all Good Friday services at church was canceled. This has never happened in my lifetime before. Watching the news, it didn't look like ANYONE had Good Friday services in Milwaukee. I partially blame the fact that Easter is so early this year - apparently we cannot have it on March 23rd again until 2160. The last time was in the 1800s. This is all based on what Mrs. L told me yesterday at the L and C Koz's Good Friday bash, though, so who knows. Anyway - for it being Easter weekend, it sure feels like Christmas outside. Good thing I got here Thursday morning!

Is it really appropriate to have a party on Good Friday night? Especially to NOT call it off when even church was called off???? Who knows. I guess not, since all THREE St. John's pastors were at this event. Hannah and I walked the mile home around 9:45, her shoveling a path for me in my clogs with her knee-high boots. It was good times!

I've been having a good time at home. I thought I was going to be the only daughter home this weekend, but Hannah surprised me by showing up late Thursday night!  We've been mostly eating, talking, shopping, and watching college basketball. I'm doing pretty good so far on my bracket - I've only missed 7 on the whole first round. Beating Hannah, at least.......

I hope you all have a lovely Easter, and that the Easter bunny brings you something special!

No comments: