Sunday, March 09, 2008

Problems with rain and words

I really don't have anything of much interest to say. I'm sorry if I bore you all.

After a few days of sun and almost (ALMOST) spring weather, yesterday was downright crappy. Yuck. I am still wearing my clogs with the hole in the right big toe area, and when I left yesterday it didn't seem like it would be too much of a problem, but I was wrong. Not only did I accidentally step in every puddle downtown, I even slipped and fell while crossing the street and my entire shoe filled with water. I had gotten a new pair for Christmas, but since Dansko clogs are all handmade, the pair my mom got was just too small, and now they are on backorder, blah blah blah. So the ones with the hole it is, for now. Its looking like my left one might be getting a hole shortly too.

Today, though, the sun is out, although it is very windy. Heidi is bringing Adelaide over soon for some babysitting and fun. I wish you could all see her now - she is four and a half, VERY articulate, tall, and smart as a whip. And still the funniest person I know. A few weeks ago, when I was at their house, Heidi mentioned how tired she (Heidi) was, and how she needed to go to bed. Adelaide hadn't really heard the whole thing - she was doing something else - but her ears picked up on "tired" and "bed" and IMMEDIATELY she shrieked "I'm not tired! I don't need to go to bed!"

I have Cantata Singers this week, and we're doing (among other things) Brahms' German Requiem. Last week with some friends I mentioned it, but somehow my brain decided to combine "German" and "Brahms", so instead of "Brahms Requiem" or "German Requiem" I said "Germs Requiem." Tatiana is STILL reminding me about it and laughing her head off. I think I'm dyslexic sometimes.

Blah blah BLAH. My life is boring at the moment. Sorry.

No comments: