Saturday, January 19, 2008

From Today's Metro Newspaper:

"Legally, a parent can restrain a child." ~D.A. Jane Kohlway, explaining why felony charges weren't pressed against Mathew Kowald of Portage, Wis. Kowald was arrested for restraining his 7-year old son and taping a Green Bay Packers jersey to him after the boy refused to wear the jersey during the game Saturday.

Ok. While I was not BORN in Wisconsin, I've lived there longer than anywhere else in my life, ages 8-18. My parents live there. I consider myself a Wisconsin native. Two of my sisters are huge Packers fans. Holly even gave Hannah a Packers jersey for this past Christmas. But this is just ridiculous. While I will be watching the game on Sunday evening with friends, after the second Cantata Singers concert, I will not hang myself if they lose. Its been over ten years since they've gotten this far, and yes, its exciting, and LORD PLEASE DON'T LET THE PATRIOTS BEAT THE CHARGERS, I WANT THE PATRIOTS TO LOSE, but good grief. I hope that man in WI gets punished in some way, because as much as this might annoy people (like Hannah, among others) its JUST A GAME. They will still get millions of dollars even if they lose, while I will play amazing, incredible pieces of music that speak about history and humanity like tonight at Cantata Singers, and the hall will be only a bit over half sold.

I sound bitter. I think I am, actually.

Speaking of the Patriots/Chargers game - this was ALSO in the Boston Metro paper today:
"I hate that song." ~Patriots Head Coach Bill Belichick, on the "San Diego Super Chargers" fight song.

In other news - if you are within 3,000 miles of Boston, you are required to attend tomorrow night's performance of Heidi Braun-Hill with the Chamber Orchestra of Boston, playing the Vivaldi Concerto in G Major (and no I don't know which number it is and yes I realize there are over 400 Vivaldi violin concertos and at least more than one is probably in G Major).

I'm so tired. And its not even a full week yet until Monday.

No comments: