Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Some items to sigh upon.

1. As predicted, the huge amounts of snow came this morning. I trekked to Cambridge and back for the salvation of my bow hair. I get there, and D. Hawthorne informs me the entire bow might be warped. (sigh)

2. School starts on Wednesday. My last semester as a master's student. Soon it will be on to DMA. (sigh)

3. Because my printer broke a year ago and I haven't replaced it, I have to go to the library tomorrow to print off DMA appl. materials. I wish my printer still worked. (sigh)

4. I have exactly 4 weeks to memorize the 2nd and 3rd mvts of Brahms concerto and get the whole thing to first DMA audition level and then, two weeks after that, competition level. I also must relearn and revamp the Bach g minor Adagio and Fugue for my audition. (sigh)

5. I'm playing Cantata Singers this week. The money is very yay! The music, however, consists of this: 1st half, a new piece about documents stating that the US knew what was happening to the Jews in Europe in WWII but did nothing. Incredibly depressing. 2nd half, a Kurt Weill piece about the Old Testament - we're doing an excerpt, mostly from the books of Isaiah and Jeremiah - aka pre-Babylonian captivity for the Jews. (sigh)

6. (Insert other reasons here, whatever they may be, or whatever I'm forgetting. I feel empty.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck on your playing.