Sunday, February 03, 2008

Another weekend has flown by.

I got a lot of good practicing in, as well as bought Holly's bday present. They are really cute shoes from Ann Taylor, and if she doesn't want them, I'll tell her to send them to me since we wear the same size and I'll send her something else. I also bought Valentine's Day cards. I haven't done that in YEARS, but this year, I've decided to be festive. Especially since Molly and I are having a big joint birthday party on the 15th.

Today has been a bit of a lazy day - I still think I'm recovering from what I had last weekend - food still makes me feel really weird. However, the cupcakes Molly are making right now smell wonderful!

Tonight I'm playing for a flute recital at NEC and then heading home to hopefully catch some last good commercials and a few minutes of the super bowl. I really want to be OFF the MBTA by the time the game is over (see last paragraph for a good reason why - besides, Bostonians get drunk and stupid when their sports teams play). All I can say about the game is that I am actually praying for the Giants to win. Booooo, Patriots. Booooo!

(I witnessed an actual physical assult on the train today. It was so fast, it was over before it happened, but a poor woman now does not have her college textbook anymore. Some guy started talking to her, she ignored him, he hit her, grabbed the textbook she was reading, threw it across the train, then grabbed it from where it fell and ran out the door. I guess next time I'll think twice before ignoring the weirdo talking to me on the train.)

No comments: