Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Whew

"Also, you played beautifully at your "audition" Saturday. The stupid schedule made us a little grouchy, but your playing cheered us up. Yuri carped about the somewhat headlong character, and i agree: some triplets on page 2 can be more spacious. Still - terrific playing. Bayla suggests the vib exercises in "Basics", back of the book." ~email from Peter today.

I have been freaking out about this audition, with the "Bach incident." After this and speaking in person to Peter today, it no longer seems like a doomsday situation.

My vibrato will never be right. Never never never. "Basics" may help, but only if I'm as relaxed as possible, which, lets face it - when it REALLY counts, I'm not relaxed, I'm nervous as hell. I can't make my left arm move correctly to save my life - its hopeless.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: