Thursday, February 14, 2008

Collaborative Auditions

Today I rehearsed and played with four different pianists for their Masters Collaborative auditions (half hour rehearsal, half hour audition). I am WORN OUT. Plain tired. And I haven't even TOUCHED Brahms concerto today. (sigh) I have to go do that now too, before Molly and I head to the liquor store for tomorrow nights birthday gathering.

Tomorrow my quintet (we're doing Schubert cello quintet) is playing for the Arnold Steinhardt masterclass, which should be good. Fortunately, with the orchestra concert done, we had no orchestra the rest of this week, thank GOD. Next week starts a new rotation, and yesterday I was very surprised to find out that I'm concertmaster for it. We're doing Faure and Haydn Clock. Oooooh la la.

Oh, and I'm trying to enjoy as much as possible my last 6.5 hours of being 23.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on being Concertmaster again...very proud of you!

jaroberts said...

Excellent news! I love Faure...

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, Heather!

Liza said...

Happy B-day! I'm sorry I didn't make it to your party; turns out I could have gone anyway, but the night got all messed up (details on my blog). Anyway, hope it was fun.